Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Marketing Mix

         The business I am starting is a fishing charter business.This business is particularly popular in New England and have been on many fishing charters, but I think it could be elevated. The charters were gross,the food was gross, but the fishing was great. My competition will be the Gloucester Fleet in Gloucester,MA.

Product: 3/4 Day,1/2 Day or Full Day Fishing Trips

Price: $70 for the day, other prices unknown (pricing is not listed but I paid $70)

Promotion: They promote by offering deals on Groupon and are pretty much they only fishing charter in the North Shore. Furthermore, they promote on social media and have a very detailed website.
Place; Gloucester,MA -Cape Ann

I feel as though that I could have a better marketing mix than my competition with my company Christopher's Fishing Charter's. I think the competition does a great job of offering a wide variety of  fishing day trips (product)  and I would continue to implement that. However, the price is a little steep for the quality of the product. As I said the ship was gross and the food was gross, so what I would do is charge a higher price than my competition but provide a quality meal on a quality ship. People left starving because everything was microwaved and gross. I would charge them $100 for my fishing charter, and give them $30 back if they don't catch any fish.I believe that people would pay a higher price if they knew that they would get a great meal for lunch that is freshly prepared. The last thing is the place. Gloucester is a great place and a historic place for fishing but Gloucester is a hike.  I would have my fishing charter be based out of Boston Harbor because I believe it is more accessible.

No comments:

Post a Comment